- 500ml water
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 128 grams polenta
- 25g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
Tomato and olive salad
- 125 gbaby cos lettuce, trimmed, leaves torn roughly
- 200g semi-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 4g reen onions, sliced thinly
- 50g black olives, pitted, sliced
- 225g mayonnaise
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and stock to the boil. Gradually add polenta, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes, or until polenta thickens. Stir in cheese, parsley and basil.
- Spread polenta evenly into a deep 19cm square cake pan; cool for 10 minutes. Cover; refrigerate for about 3 hours or until firm.
- Turn polenta onto a chopping board; trim edges. Cut into four squares, cut each square diagonally into two triangles. Cook polenta, in batches, on a heated, oiled grill plate (or grill or grill pan) for about 2-3 minutes each side, or until browned.
- Meanwhile, to make tomato and olive salad: Combine ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Meanwhile, to make spiced mayonnaise: Whisk ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
- Serve polenta topped with salad; drizzle with mayonnaise.