- 128g Roasted Tomatoes, drained(4 Tbsp marinade reserved)
- 60ml water
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, pounded thin
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 230g fresh smoked mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Position rack in the upper 1/3 of oven and pre-heat to 205°C.
- In a blender or food processor, puree tomatoes until smooth.
- Add a steady steam of water with the motor running to thin sauce to desired consistency. Set aside.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and coat in reserved tomato marinade.
- Heat a grill pan (or gas grill) over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to pan and cook, turning once, about 4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to baking sheet and spread roasted tomato sauce over top of each piece.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over top and follow with sliced mozzarella.
- Bake until chicken is cooked trough and cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Set oven to broil and continue to cook until cheese is bubbly and golden brown in spots, about 2 minutes.